Junior Accountant (f/m/d)
At Lingoda, we believe that language transforms lives.
We are changing the way languages are learned. With our students at the centre, it is our mission to empower even the busiest people to master a language and unlock their potential - anytime, anywhere. Our pupils learn German, English, French and Spanish, all with qualified native speakers in both group and private classes.
We are currently on the hunt for Junior Accountant (f/m/d) based in Berlin.
Your mission is to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in the proper period to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for assisting with maintaining general ledger, subsidiary and controlling accounts by recording financial transactions in accordance with HGB and company policies
- You prepare reconciliations of subsidiary and general ledger accounts
- You prepare ad hoc reports as requested
- You are responsible for checking incoming invoices, gathering invoice approvals and corresponding with vendors
- You support your future colleagues in administrative tasks
- You feel at home in a fast-paced and demanding environment that develops quickly every day
- Completed business studies or a commercial apprenticeship, ideally with professional development as a certified accountant (IHK)
- Up to one year of work experience would be preferred
- Very good knowledge of DATEV & Office (especially Excel) and ideally initial user knowledge of G-Suite
- You must be fluent in German and English
- You have the ability to think analytically, work independently and in a structured manner and are very committed and reliable
- Enjoy working in a team as well as flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- You are a high motivated candidate
- You have a high customer service orientation
- And you love to work detail-oriented
What you can expect from us:
- A high level of autonomy in your work from day one
- Flexible working hours
- Free language classes, enabling you, too, to unlock your full potential
- A real start-up atmosphere with flat hierarchies and open communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Super central Berlin office (near Checkpoint Charlie). Of Course, you can also start remotely, we are online onboarding professionals by now
- A very international and highly motivated team who are always open to social activities!
Does that sound exciting? Then apply now and state your earliest starting date and salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application!
Your contact person for the position is Linda. If you have any questions in advance please contact Linda at +4930 403 687 117.