Head of People & Culture (m/f/d)
We are Lingoda, the biggest online language school in Europe.
We don’t just teach. We change our student’s lives by helping them to master English, German, French, and Spanish. Anytime and anywhere.
We dream big, plan smart, and grow fast. Our international team comes from more than 30 countries and speaks more than 40 languages. You feel at home in a challenging but friendly startup environment? You may like this offer!
We are currently on the hunt for a Head of People & Culture (f/m/d) based in Berlin to drive and support moving Lingoda from a start-up to a scale-up. You will lead a team of 5 people and serve on Lingoda’s cross-functional leadership team.
Your Mission with us:
To attract and retain great talent. To enable Lingodies to be motivated and productive.
As Head of People & Culture, you will be a leader in these areas and shape Lingoda’s culture.
Your typical day on this position may include:
- Lead the People & Culture function of Lingoda and implement a holistic strategy to drive the Lingodie experience whilst increasing performance and engagement
- Provide leadership and coaching to executives, managers and the wider team, across the full range of People-related topics, including goal definition and alignment, and practices whilst being a role model for management best-practice
- Bring our core value #1 “Foster an environment of growth and inclusion to live“ by defining and driving the Learning and Development Strategy at Lingoda
- Drive and anchor the performance management framework (PMP) within Lingoda
- Ensure that Lingoda’s compensation and benefits framework is competitive, fair and effective in rewarding Lingodies for their hard work
- Build out the People Operations service offering to ensure that our employees have efficient access to People-related information, processes, policies, and tools
- Supervise the recruitment function to ensure that external employer branding is in line with the internal culture and recruiting KPIs are being met all whilst providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Ensure Lingoda’s compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations
This job may be for you if you have the following:
- You have 5-7 years' management experience in a leading People/Culture role with a startup or entrepreneurial-minded company (2-3 years in addition in a head position)
- You have experience designing strategies and implementing tools and training that enable performance and engagement
As well as the following skills:
- You are business fluent in English and German
- Hands-on knowledge of recruiting, employer branding and key HR processes
- You are well-versed in German labour law
- You are an energetic, outstanding communicator showing maturity and presence
- You understand the key drivers of performance, culture and engagement, and the interplay of these drivers
- You possess outstanding analytical and organizational skills. You look at data and can use it to roll out initiatives to improve Lingoda and People & Culture processes.
- You are focused on results, have the ability to manage priorities and respect deadlines; you have strong planning and organizational skills and rigour at work
- Your mentality is hands-on and entrepreneurial; you know how to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team
What you can expect from us:
- A high level of autonomy in your work from day one
- Flexible working hours
- Free language classes, enabling you, too, to unlock your full potential
- A real start-up atmosphere with flat hierarchies and open communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Super central Berlin office (near Checkpoint Charlie). Of Course, you can also start remotely, we are online onboarding professionals by now.
- A very international and highly motivated team who are always open to social activities!
Does that sound exciting? Then apply now and state your earliest starting date and salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application!
Your contact person for the position is Charlotte - our Chief of Staff.