We are Lingoda, the biggest online language school in Europe.
We don’t just teach. We change our student’s lives by helping them to master English, German, French, and Spanish. Anytime and anywhere.
We dream big, plan smart, and grow fast. Our international team comes from more than 30 countries and speaks more than 40 languages. You feel at home in a challenging but friendly startup environment? You may like this offer!
We are currently on the hunt for a Controller (f/m/d) based in Berlin.
Your Mission with us:
Your mission is to enable business partners to make well-informed decisions by providing insightful and timely analysis on both financial and non-financial transactions, and are a strategic partner by highlighting potentials and risks identified by your analysis.
Your typical day on this position may include:
- Ensure that assigned financial reports are done correctly and on time.
- Assist in improving existing reporting structures and help develop new reporting systems as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts and budgets by revenue and cost centers.
- Prepare comparisons between actuals, budgets, and planned results.
- Assist budget owners in managing their budgets.
- Ad hoc analysis, reconciliations, and reporting as needed.
This job may be for you if you have the following experience:
- Successful completion of a business degree with an emphasis on accounting/controlling.
- Have 2-3 years of experience in controlling.
As well as the following skills:
- Fluent in German and English (B2 or higher level)
- The ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proficient with G Suite. (DATEV or Tableau knowledge are a plus.)
- You are a highly motivated candidate
- You have a high customer service orientation
- And you are detail-oriented
What you can expect from us:
- a high level of autonomy in your work from day one;
- approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts in Lingoda!
- team spirit and a real passion for languages;
- flexible working hours;
- possibility to work remotely or...
- … in the office located the heart of Berlin (near Checkpoint Charlie);
unlimited access to language classes for free;
- modern hardware suitable for your position
- company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialize.
Does that sound exciting? Send us your CV. Please include your earliest starting date and salary expectations. We are looking forward to hearing from you!